Bees – Fuzzy, cute and essential for our survival
Bees? Yes, bees! They’re cute, they give us honey and without them we wouldn’t have food. And as all of our listeners probably know by now… WE LIKE FOOD!
Learn how bees communicate through dance and pheromones and how they’ve evolved into the perfect pollinators for all of the plants we rely on.
In the Moment Of Meta, we review the 9 enthusiandments we’ve proposed so far:
- Don’t yuck someone else’s yum!
- Any topic can be fascinating when presented with enthusiasm.
- Make sure to share your enthusiasms enthusiastically (you are not too much).
- Thou shalt not fake enthusiasm!
- You don’t have to participate in something to be enthusiastic about it.
- It’s OK to be enthusiastic about something that is flawed.
- Be enthusiastic about people. Always tell your friends what you like about them.
- You don’t have to be an expert in something to be enthusiastic about it (but researching a thing can deepen your enthusiasm for it).
- Seek out adjacent enthusiasms.
Do you have a suggestion for number 10? Tell us all about it in a comment.
- The Amazing World of Bees
- How Ants and Bees Broke the Game
- Wild Beehive in a Washing Machine
- The origin of the “Bees?” card in Cards Against Humanity. Maybe?