Tubular Bells – The BEST 70s Album You Haven’t Heard
This classic 70s album by Mike Oldfield has no songs, no lyrics and no singles. Instead it has 49 minutes of genre-defying, beautiful, challenging and utterly innovative music. So why does Alex love it so much and how did something this weird become a huge hit?
- Peaking too soon in life
- Why horror movies suck
- How to diss someone in morse code in your music
- Musical marmite
In the Moment Of Meta, Katie talks about why we shouldn’t just look for consent – we should be enthusiasm detectives.
- A composer reacts to Tubular Bells
- Richard Branson and Mike Oldfield talk about Tubular Bells
- Article: Revisiting Mike Oldfield’s Prog Classic ‘Tubular Bells’
- The Morse Code message Oldfield sent to Branson