Koyaanisqatsi – The EPIC 80s Movie With No Actors, No Plot And No Dialogue
Imagine a movie with no plot, no characters, no actors, no dialogue, no narration, no stunts, no CGI, no special effects and no sound – only super minimalist music. HOW is this movie not a complete boring train wreck?
In this episode, Alex shares his love for a groundbreaking 1980s movie that is utterly beautiful and fascinating and which has inspired so many other works including Madonna music videos, Zach Snyder’s Watchmen and the Grand Theft Auto video game.
- Death of the author
- German expressionist cinema
- Citizen Kane
- How NOT to eat marmite
In the Moment Of Meta, Alex and Katie follow up on Katie’s previous challenge to “say yes” to new adventure and share what happened when they did.
- Koyaanisqatsi Trailer
- Koyaanisqatsi – Airplane scene
- Godfrey Reggio & Philip Glass on “Koyaanisqatsi”
- Video essay: Koyaanisqatsi – Life Reframed
- John Cage: 4’33” / Petrenko · Berliner Philharmoniker
- Video essay: Why Nothing Matters | The Art of JOHN CAGE and SAMUEL BECKETT