Piet Hein: Poet or pirate? Why not both!
Piet Hein was a Danish philosopher, mathematician, designer, poet and all-round smart cookie who did amazing work in both science and arts. Be warned: This episode has POETRY!!!
BTWs include Piet Hein (the awesome pirate) and why Danish is the worst language.
In the moment of meta, Katie talks about closing feedback loops and proposes a new enthusiandment: Thou shalt always tell your friends what you like about them.
- Documentary in English about Piet Hein.
- Time Magazine article from 1966 about Piet Hein.
- A selection of grooks in English.
- Piet Hein (the pirate).
- Article on why Danish is hard to learn… even for Danes.
- A linguist explains how Danish became so weird.
- Norwegian comedians ruthlessly mocking the noble Danish language.
- William Carlos Williams – This is just to say.